Valuable information for home buyers
Ask yourself the following questions:
- What area would you like to live in?
- Do you need to be close to a particular school or church?
- What will your commute time be to work?
- What style of home do you like?
- How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you need?
- Do you need a large yard or prefer no yard work?
- What can you afford?
- Have you consulted a real estate professional or qualified
mortgage lender to determine the size of loan you qualify
- Evaluate your own credit report. Make sure all information
is accurate. Correct any errors immediately!
- Start saving money. While it is possible to get 100% financing
from some lenders, you probably will need to have cash for
closing costs and it is always better to have some down payment.
- From the time you decide to buy, don't accumulate any more
debt. Pay what you can on credit cards. Do not apply for any
new credit. This is not the time to buy a new car or furniture!
- Browse our Search Homes section to get an idea of what
homes in your desired area are worth. Visit open houses on
- Contact a REALTOR. REALTORS are real estate professionals
with valuable experience and tools to help you determine what
you can afford, provide information on homes in your area,
provide forms for an offer, and walk you through closing
Why Use a REALTOR?
Working with a professional REALTOR to buy your home
is the best idea for several reasons:
- A REALTOR has the tools to analyze your financial situation
to determine how much you can afford.
- A REALTOR is very familiar with the process of buying a
home and will explain the process step by step.
- A REALTOR can easily access information on all properties
listed for sale in your area.
- A REALTOR can gain access to homes you want to see.
- A REALTOR will provide and assist with the paperwork for
- A REALTOR can help you arrange for financing.
- A REALTOR will guide you through the many steps taken between
making an offer and closing the transaction.
How to Choose a REALTOR
Searching for your dream home is important, but can
consume a lot of time. A professional REALTOR can make efficient
use of that time. Because you will be spending a lot of time
with your REALTOR, you should choose one you feel comfortable
with and is responsive to your needs. Ask yourself the following:
- Does the REALTOR return your phone calls promptly?
- Does the REALTOR ask you questions to determine what you
want or need in a house?
- Does the REALTOR perform a financial analysis to help determine
how much you can afford?
- Does the REALTOR explain things clearly?
- Does the REALTOR suggest financing alternatives?
- Does the REALTOR seem knowledgeable about the community?
- Do you feel comfortable spending time with him or her?
The REALTORS at Jada Properties strive to earn a YES to each
of these questions. Contact us
today to discuss your desired dream home!